This page contains a list of latest news about Chauhan which has been collected from credible news resources: CNN, Forbes, Bloomberg, TIME Magazine, FoxNews, BBC, New York Times, CBS, Sky News, Reuters, World Magazine, etc.
Apart from News, you can also use the tabs to browse Chauhan images, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
Music video by Taylor Swift performing Back To December. (C) 2011 Big Machine Records, LLC.
Music video by P!nk performing Try (The Truth About Love - Live From Los Angeles). (C) 2012 RCA Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment.
"Just One Last Time" feat. Taped Rai. Available to download on iTunes including remixes of : Tiësto, HARD ROCK SOFA & Deniz Koyu http://smarturl.it/DGJustOne...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
Jimmy reveals that he is f*@#ing Ben Affleck.
LIKE/FAV We got 45 burgers, a whole bunch of liquor and bacon.... this is Fast Food Lasagna. Buy TSHIRTS!! Click Here! http://shop.epicmealtime.com/ Like on ...
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
Cry ▻ http://www.youtube.com/chaoticmonki Click Here To Subscribe! ▻ http://bit.ly/JoinBroArmy Fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9010921/1/Flowers-For-...
Follow on Twitter! - https://twitter.com/#!/GavinFree Watch this one in HD! The slow mo guys are well aware that water balloons are always good in slow motio...
Official music video for "Wide Awake," the final chapter from 'Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection' on iTunes: http://smarturl.it/katyperry. Written by Ka...
Buy on iTunes: http://www.Smarturl.it/TTT Amazon: http://idj.to/svJVGM Music video by Rihanna performing Where Have You Been. ©: The Island Def Jam Music Group.
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (February 2011)|
|Common Ancestry||Cheema, Chahal, Chohan Chahar, Chatha, Chhillar|
|Branches:||Sanchora, Sonigara, Lonia Hada, Deora, Bhaduria, Chavan.|
|Ruled in||Nadol, Jalor, Dhundhar, Ajmer, Delhi, Haryana, Neemrana, Hadoti,[full citation needed] Godwar|
|Territories:||Ajmer (7th century - 1365)
|Princely States:||Tulsipur (7th century - 1857), Mainpuri, Devgadh Baria, Bundi, Sirohi, Kotah|
Myth of origin
Rajput bardic accounts, which are based on mythology, describe the Chauhans as one of the four Agnikula Rajput clans[a] who claim to have originated from a sacrificial fire-pit (agnikunda) at Mount Abu. These claims of supernatural origin are clearly improbable and have numerous variants, and they give rise to the Chauhans claiming to be a clan of the Agnivanshi dynasty.
The Chauhans were historically a powerful group in the region now known as Rajasthan. For around 400 years from the 7th century AD their strength in Sambhar was a threat to the power-base of the Guhilots in the south-west of the area, as also was the strength of their fellow Agnivanshi clans. They suffered a set-back in 1192 when their leader, Prithviraj Chauhan, was defeated at the Battle of Tarain but this did not signify their demise.
Ajay Raj (Anuraj)
Chauhans asserted their independence from the Gurjara Pratiharas, and in the early 11th century, the Sakhambari king Ajaya-Raja founded the city of Ajayameru (Ajmer) in the southern part of their kingdom.
Mukut Bandh and Mandaleshwar are traditionally the two type of samanta (a title for noble vassals) granted by Chauhans. The Mukut Bandh owned land but accepted the suzerainty of the Chauhans, while Mandaleshwar were granted jagirs by Chauhan rulers.
- Manik Rai, founder of Chauhan Dynasty
- Prithvi Raj Chauhan, ruler of Ajmer and Delhi
- Gugga, a warrior, minor king and Nāga demigod
- Hammir Dev Chauhan, ruler of Ranathambore
- Kanhad Dev Sonigara, ruler of Jalor
- The other Rajput clans claiming descent from Agnikula are the Chalyuka, the Paramara and the Pratihara.
- Stewart Gordon (1993). The Marathas 1600-1818. Cambridge University Press. pp. 46–. ISBN 978-0-521-26883-7. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
- Page 51, Chiefs and leading families in Rajputana By C. S. Bayley
- Gupta, R. K.; Bakshi, S. R., eds. (2008). Studies In Indian History: Rajasthan Through The Ages: The Heritage Of Rajputs 1. Sarup & Sons. p. 7. ISBN 9788176258418. Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- Gupta, R. K.; Bakshi, S. R., eds. (2008). Studies In Indian History: Rajasthan Through The Ages: The Heritage Of Rajputs 1. Sarup & Sons. p. 95. ISBN 9788176258418. Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- Gupta, R. K.; Bakshi, S. R., eds. (2008). Studies In Indian History: Rajasthan Through The Ages: The Heritage Of Rajputs 1. Sarup & Sons. p. 100. ISBN 9788176258418. Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- Radhey Shyam Chaurasia (2002). History of Ancient India: Earliest Times to 1000 A. D.. Atlantic Publishers & Distributors. p. 209. ISBN 978-81-269-0027-5.
- Hāṇḍā, Omacanda (2004). Naga Cults and Traditions in the Western Himalaya. New Delhi: Indus Publishing. p. 330. ISBN 9788173871610. Retrieved 17 October 2012.