This page contains a list of latest news about Jython which has been collected from credible news resources: CNN, Forbes, Bloomberg, TIME Magazine, FoxNews, BBC, New York Times, CBS, Sky News, Reuters, World Magazine, etc.
Apart from News, you can also use the tabs to browse Jython images, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
Music video by Rihanna performing Take A Bow. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 66288884. (C) 2008 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
Music video by Rihanna performing Rehab. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 19591123. (C) 2007 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
Go to RoosterTeeth.com for all of season 8 of RvB!
The Truth About Love available on iTunes NOW http://smarturl.it/tal Music video by P!nk performing Just Give Me A Reason. (C) 2012 RCA Records, a division of...
Win Free Tickets + VIP Meet & Greets: http://smarturl.it/BATour iTunes: http://smarturl.it/BAiTunes Spotify: http://smarturl.it/BoyceCCV2bSpotify - - - - - -...
Download This Song: http://bit.ly/KzLBGB Click to Tweet this Vid-ee-oh! http://bit.ly/Nt9lg8 Hi. My name is Nice Peter, and this is EpicLLOYD, and this is th...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
Tweet! http://bit.ly/TqQ3oP Illegal street racers take on the law in the world's most intense police chase! Sort of. Special thanks to Rob and Big as well as...
Buy at iTunes: http://goo.gl/zv4o9. New album on sale now! http://turtleneckandchain.com.
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
|Stable release||2.5.3 / August 13, 2012|
|Preview release||2.7 Beta 1 /
February 10, 2013
|Written in||Python and Java|
|Platform||Java Virtual Machine|
|Type||Python Programming Language Interpreter|
|License||Python Software Foundation License (for older releases see License terms)|
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (November 2010)|
Jython programs can import and use any Java class. Except for some standard modules, Jython programs use Java classes instead of Python modules. Jython includes almost all of the modules in the standard Python programming language distribution, lacking only some of the modules implemented originally in C. For example, a user interface in Jython could be written with Swing, AWT or SWT. Jython compiles to Java bytecode (intermediate language) either on demand or statically.
Jython was initially created in late 1997 to replace C with Java for performance-intensive code accessed by Python programs, moving to SourceForge in October 2000. The Python Software Foundation awarded a grant in January 2005, but development was slow due to lack of knowledgeable developers. Over this history, Jython had been developed successively by Jim Hugunin, Barry Warsaw, Samuele Pedroni, Brian Zimmer, and Frank Wierzbicki.
In March 2008, Sun Microsystems announced the hiring of Ted Leung and Frank Wierzbicki to work on Jython and Python, similar to Sun's hiring of two JRuby developers. Development progressed steadily, and Jython 2.5 was released in June 2009.
Status and roadmap 
The current release is Jython 2.5.3, available since August 13, 2012. While Jython 2.5.3 was entirely bug fixes, version 2.5.2 included new features, like IPv6 support in the socket module and performance enhancements, as well as its own bug fixes. Jython 2.5.2 implements the same set of language features as CPython 2.5 As of 2.5.0, Jython is able to run popular Python frameworks such as Django, Pylons, or SQLAlchemy.
On Monday, March 5, 2012, it was announced that funding had been procured to produce a 2.7 version of Jython, with release targeted at July 2012. A Beta release (2.7beta1) was made available on February 10, 2013, bringing compatibility with CPython 2.7.
While Jython technically implements the Python language specification (hence it "is python") the implementation has some differences and incompatibilities with CPython (the reference distribution)
License terms 
From version 2.2 on, Jython (including the standard library) is released under the Python Software Foundation License (v2). Older versions are covered by the Jython 2.0, 2.1 license and the JPython 1.1.x Software License.
The first two are permissive free software licenses. The third also appears to be, but this is unclear because neither the Free Software Foundation nor the Open Source Initiative have reviewed and commented on it.
The command line interpreter is available under the Apache Software License.
- Jython is one of two scripting languages (with Jacl) used in WebSphere Application Server. It is used in IBM Rational development tools, where Jython projects can be created using wizards. It is used as the main programming language for the SCaViS data analysis framework.
See also 
- WebLogic Server Application Server's wlst tool scripting using Jython
- IBM WebSphere Application Server's wsadmin tool scripting using Jython
- IronPython is an implementation of Python for .NET and Mono, originally created by Jython's creator, Jim Hugunin.
- PyPy a self-hosting interpreter for the Python programming language.
- ZK is a Java Ajax framework that allows glue logic written in Jython.
- TheGrinder a Java load testing framework similar to Jmeter.
- Hugunin, Jim (March 2002). "Story of Jython". Retrieved 2009-06-05.
- Leung, Fred (2008-03-03). "The Sun is going to shine on Python". Retrieved 2008-03-03.
- Nutter, Charles (2008-01-03). "Jython's Back, Baby!". Retrieved 2008-02-09.
- Baker, Jim (2008-01-03). "Django on Jython: Minding the Gap". Retrieved 2008-02-17.
- Baker, Jim (2008-06-24). "Flipping the 2.5 Bit for Jython". Retrieved 2008-07-12.
- Wierzbicki, Frank (2008-07-15). "Jython 2.5 Alpha Released!". Retrieved 2008-07-16.
- Wierzbicki, Franck (2009-06-16). "Jython 2.5.0 Final is out!". Retrieved 2009-07-02.
- "Jython 2.5.3 Release Notes!". 2012-08-13. Retrieved 2012-10-10.
- "Jython 2.5 - Why you should upgrade". March 2002. Retrieved 2009-06-26.
- "Adconion to Fund Jython 2.7". March 2012. Retrieved 2012-04-23.
- "JythonFaq". Jython's project. Retrieved 2009-07-05.
- "Differences between CPython and Jython". Jython's project. Retrieved 2009-07-05.
- "The Jython License". Jython's project. Retrieved 2008-02-09.
- Official website
- Official wiki
- WLST by Examples dedicated Jython scripts for WebLogic Admin
- Official IRC channel
- Sourceforge page
- jython/CPython differences
- Charming Jython: Learn how the Java implementation of Python can aid your development efforts
- Learn how to write DB2 JDBC tools in Jython
- Tips for Scripting Java with Jython
- Jython tips for Python programmers
- Jython license information
- Scripting on the Java platform
- Jython Bibliography
- WebSphere Application Server Administration using Jython
- The Definitive Guide to Jython