This page contains a list of latest news about Mobipocket which has been collected from credible news resources: CNN, Forbes, Bloomberg, TIME Magazine, FoxNews, BBC, New York Times, CBS, Sky News, Reuters, World Magazine, etc.
Apart from News, you can also use the tabs to browse Mobipocket images, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
Music video by Rihanna performing Take A Bow. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 66288884. (C) 2008 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
Due to so many request I decided to upload this epic track as well. Enjoy it bros!
Download This Song: http://bit.ly/KzLBGB Click to Tweet this Vid-ee-oh! http://bit.ly/Nt9lg8 Hi. My name is Nice Peter, and this is EpicLLOYD, and this is th...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
Buy at iTunes: http://goo.gl/zv4o9. New album on sale now! http://turtleneckandchain.com.
download this song: http://bit.ly/ERB17 click to tweet this vid-ee-oh! http://clicktotweet.com/vCJ_8 This. Is. Merchandise: http://bit.ly/ERBMerch Hi. My nam...
Follow on Twitter! - https://twitter.com/#!/GavinFree Watch this one in HD! The slow mo guys are well aware that water balloons are always good in slow motio...
Music video by Rihanna performing Disturbia. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 48070735. (C) 2008 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
Buy on iTunes: http://www.Smarturl.it/TTT Amazon: http://idj.to/svJVGM Music video by Rihanna performing Where Have You Been. ©: The Island Def Jam Music Group.
|Key people||Thierry Brethes, Founder;
Nathalie Ting, Founder;
Martin Görner, CEO
Mobipocket SA is a French company incorporated in March 2000 that produces Mobipocket Reader software, an e-book reader for some Personal digital assistants (PDA), wireless telephones and desktop operating systems.
The Mobipocket software package is free and consists of various publishing and reading tools for PDA, Smartphones, cellular phones and e-book devices (Symbian, Windows Mobile, Palm OS, webOS, Java ME, BlackBerry, Psion, Kindle and iLiad).
Mobipocket.com was bought by Amazon.com in 2005. Amazon's acquisition was believed to be a result of Adobe Systems's announcement that it would no longer sell its eBook packaging and serving software.
An alpha release of the Java-based version of the mobipocket reader was made available for cellphones on June 30, 2008. There is also a reader for desktop computers running Microsoft Windows, which also works with computers running Mac OS X and Linux using WINE.
It has been widely reported that since Amazon's acquisition of Mobipocket, software support, user support, and platform growth was ended. In December, 2011, it was reported that Amazon officially notified the book publishers that it was ending support for Mobipocket. The status of Mobipocket Digital Rights Management (DRM) content previously purchased by users continues to be unclear since currently no other ebook reader supports this proprietary DRM method.
The software provides:
- A personalized press review using the Mobipocket Web Companion, an automated content extraction tool dedicated to press articles.
- eBooks, including for each book a biography of the writer. Each downloaded eBook is registered in the My Mobipocket personal virtual library, from which a user has access to any previously downloaded eBook.
- A secure reading system, as a result of the encryption of eBooks using DRM and unique signature, a timestamp added to each book at the time of purchase.
Depending on the device, different functions are available. Those are usually managing of books and their metadata, assigning books to arbitrary categories, auto-scroll, rotate by 90° or 180°, bookmarks, custom hyperlinks within one or between different documents, highlighting, comments and by sketches. When transferring documents to other device types, functions that are not supported on the device will be ignored, but the information one is reading will not be altered or deleted.
There is a reader for personal computers that works with either encrypted or unencrypted Mobipocket books.
Unencrypted Mobipocket books can be read on the Amazon Kindle natively, as well as in Amazon Kindle programs on Mac OS X, the iPhone, Android devices, Windows, and Windows Phone devices. By using third-party programs such as Lexcycle Stanza, Calibre or Okular, unencrypted Mobipocket books can also be read on Mac OS X, the iPhone, Android devices and Linux.
A user can thus create documents in the Mobipocket format .mobi and Palm OS format .PRC and use personal comments, bookmarks, and so on on all devices supporting those features. Additionally, Amazon offers a free program called KindleGen that can convert or create documents in the Mobipocket format
Despite great demand from owners of Android based mobile phones, Mobipocket has not released a version for Android. Owners of Android devices can download Amazon's Kindle application from the Android App store, which can read .mobi files, though no official Mobipocket reader for the Android platform has been released.
Long term plans for the Mobipocket platform are in question in the wake of Amazon's announcement of the Kindle Format 8, which moves in the direction of HTML5 and CSS3. As one of the most popular e-reader devices, the Kindle has great sway in the popularity of e-reader formats.
See also 
- "Franklin sells interest in company, retires shares". Philadelphia Business Journal. 2005-03-31. Retrieved 2011-05-05.
- "Amazon.com Acquires Mobipocket". DRM Watch. Retrieved 2011-05-05.[dead link]
- "Mobipocket Alpha program — eBook reader for Java phones". Mobipocket.com. 2008-08-22. Retrieved 2011-05-05.
- "WineHQ - Mobipocket Reader". Appdb.winehq.org. Retrieved 2011-05-05.
- Hoffelder, Nate (2011-11-02). "RIP: Mobipocket 2000-2011". The Digital Reader. Retrieved 2012-07-22.
- "Mobipocket eBook Format Is Gone". eBook Reader Software. 2012-01-12. Retrieved 2012-07-22.
- "MobileRead Wiki - MOBI". Wiki.mobileread.com. 2011-04-22. Retrieved 2011-05-05.
- "Kindle Publishing Programs". Amazon. "KindleGen is a command line tool used to build eBooks that can be sold through Amazon's Kindle platform. This tool is best for publishers and individuals who are familiar with HTML and want to convert their HTML, XHTML, XML (OPF/IDPF format), or ePub source into a Kindle Book."
- "mbp reader, export mobipocket notes". idleloop's site. 2012-05. Retrieved 2012-07-22. "This package reads a .MBP file, which ... would contain annotations, corrections, drawings and marks made by the user on the book content." Libre (GPL 3) command line tool written in Perl.
- "Please Develop a Mobipocket Reader for Android OS". Mobipocket: Support & Community. 2010-12-28 to 2012-06-24. Retrieved 2012-07-22.
- "Kindle". Android Apps on Google Play. Retrieved 2012-07-22.
- "Kindle Format 8". Amazon. Retrieved 2012-07-22.
- Newman, Jared (2011-12-15). "Actual Kindle Sales Figures: More Than 3 Million Sold So Far". Today @ PCWorld. Retrieved 2012-07-22.