This page contains a list of latest news about SIWON which has been collected from credible news resources: CNN, Forbes, Bloomberg, TIME Magazine, FoxNews, BBC, New York Times, CBS, Sky News, Reuters, World Magazine, etc.
Apart from News, you can also use the tabs to browse SIWON images, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
Music video by Rihanna performing Take A Bow. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 66288884. (C) 2008 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
Music video by Taylor Swift performing Back To December. (C) 2011 Big Machine Records, LLC.
Music video by P!nk performing Try (The Truth About Love - Live From Los Angeles). (C) 2012 RCA Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment.
"Just One Last Time" feat. Taped Rai. Available to download on iTunes including remixes of : Tiësto, HARD ROCK SOFA & Deniz Koyu http://smarturl.it/DGJustOne...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
Jimmy reveals that he is f*@#ing Ben Affleck.
LIKE/FAV We got 45 burgers, a whole bunch of liquor and bacon.... this is Fast Food Lasagna. Buy TSHIRTS!! Click Here! http://shop.epicmealtime.com/ Like on ...
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
Follow on Twitter! - https://twitter.com/#!/GavinFree Watch this one in HD! The slow mo guys are well aware that water balloons are always good in slow motio...
- For the noted Korean Confucian official, philosopher, and poet of the late Unified Silla period, see Choe Chiwon.
Siwon at LG Optimus Super Junior Fan meeting at Chateau de Chine in Kaohsiung, Taiwan in November 2011
|Birth name||Choi Si Won|
10 February 1987 |
Seoul, South Korea
|Origin||Seoul, South Korea|
|Genres||K-pop, mandopop, dance, hip-hop, R&B|
|Occupations||Singer, actor, dancer, model|
|Instruments||Vocals, drums, piano, guitar|
|Associated acts||Super Junior
|Revised Romanization||Choe Si-won|
Choi Si-won (Hangul: 최시원; Hanja: 崔始源; born April 7, 1986 but officially recorded as February 10, 1987), mononymously credited as Siwon (Hangul: 시원; Hanja: 始源), is a South Korean singer, actor and model. He is best known as a member of K-pop boy band Super Junior and its subgroup Super Junior-M. He is one of the first four South Korean artists to appear on Chinese postage stamps. He is also the first Korean celebrity to surpass 3 million followers on twitter.
Siwon has one younger sister - Jiwon. His father is currently the CEO of Boryung Medicine, a pharmaceutical company. He graduated from Gu Jeong High School in February 2006. Siwon is a devout Protestant Christian, and has said in an interview that after his career, he would like to become a missionary.
Siwon was scouted by a talent agent from SM Entertainment when he was 16 as he was waiting for friends in front of his high school. The agent recommended him to audition for the company's Starlight Casting System. He auditioned without his parent's approval; his parents were notified only after he passed the auditions. Although his parents allowed him to sign a contract with SM Entertainment, they did not give him any help because they wanted him to take responsibility for his actions.
He later moved into dormitories with fellow trainees and was trained in areas of singing, acting, and dancing. He was featured in a music video of The Grace's Dana whilst he was being trained as a solo singer in 2003. A year after, Siwon made a brief appearance in short drama, Precious Family and again in 2005, KBS drama Eighteen, Twenty-Nine as young Kang Bong-man and played the supporting role of Park Sang-woo in drama Spring Waltz in 2006.
2005-2006: Debut with Super Junior 
Not long after Siwon's first television appearance, SM Entertainment released an announcement that he would officially debut as one of the twelve members in a boy band. A few months before the debut of Super Junior 05, Siwon made his first official media appearance with band mate Han Geng as one of the runway models in a fashion show by Bum Suk.
Siwon officially debut as part of 12-member rotaional project group Super Junior 05 on 6 November 2005 on SBS's music programme Popular Songs, performing their first single, "Twins (Knock Out)". Their debut album SuperJunior05 (Twins) was released a month later on 5 December 2005 and debuted at #3 on the monthly MIAK K-pop album charts.
In March 2006, SM Entertainment began to recruit new members for the next Super Junior generation. However, plans changed and the company declared a halt in forming future Super Junior generations. Following the addition of thirteenth member Kyuhyun, the group dropped the suffix "05" and became officially credited as Super Junior. The re-polished group's first CD single "U" was released on 7 June 2006, which was their most successful single until the release of "Sorry, Sorry" in March 2009. In the fall of 2007, the group released their second official album, Don't Don, which became Super Junior's best-selling album and Korea's second best-selling album of the year.
2007-2008: Acting debut and subgroup 
After his musical debut, he was cast in a large supporting role in the Hong Kong epic film A Battle of Wits as Prince Liang Shi, starring opposite Andy Lau. He promoted the movie throughout China with fellow cast members in November 2006. While the film received mixed reviews, Siwon garnered positive notices for his performance. He also received praises from co-star Lau, stating that Siwon is a wonderful actor and that he sets a good example for young Hong Kong actors.
In 2007 Siwon starred in the high school mystery/comedy film Attack on the Pin-Up Boys with other Super Junior members, released on 26 July. He played one of the lead roles as a controlling and severe class president who was one of the popular possible subjects of being attacked by mysterious forces. A few months later, Siwon was cast in mini-drama Legend of Hyang Dan in the lead role of Lee Mong-ryong.
In April 2008, Siwon was put into seven-member sub-group Super Junior-M, a Mandopop subgroup of Super Junior for the Chinese music industry. They debuted in China at the 8th Annual Music Chart Awards, simultaneously with the release of their first music video, "U" on 8 April 2008. This was followed by the release of the debut Chinese-language studio album, Me in selected provinces in China on 23 April and 2 May in Taiwan.
2010-2011: Lead roles and modeling 
In January 2010, Siwon starred in SBS drama Oh My Lady!. It is a romantic comedy about a top star who finds himself living with his manager, a 35 year old woman who is trying to earn money to get custody of her child. He also featured in music videos for fellow label mates, such as Girls' Generation's "Hoot", and Zhang Liyin and TVXQ's Xiah's duet "Timeless", where Siwon starred along with fellow Super Junior member Han Geng.
Siwon has also appeared in various catalogs and commercials. He modeled in the 3 March 2010 André Kim fashion show. He has been featured in notable magazines such as Cosmopolitan, Elle, High Cut, and Men's Health, as well as modeling for brand names such as Armani, Lacoste, Gucci, Evisu, Burberry. Siwon also appeared in Korean brand Spao's catalogues along with SNSD and other Super Junior members; and for the SK Telesys "Reaction" smart phone, as well as Acer products. He is also the main model for Mamonde, a cosmetic brand alongside Kwon Yuri of Girls' Generation.
In April 2011, Siwon filmed Taiwanese drama Skip Beat! with Ivy Chen and fellow band member Donghae as the three main characters. It is a live-action adaptation of Japanese shōjo manga Skip Beat! by Yoshiki Nakamura. The filming took place in Taiwan and was broadcast in December 2011.
Siwon joined the cast of SBS drama Athena: Goddess of War, a spin-off of 2009 action drama Iris in June, as Agent Kim Jun-ho, a data analyst and rookie elite agent. This was followed by KBS drama Poseidon in August 2011. He was cast in the role of Kim Sun-woo, as part of Intelligence Investigation Team of the Maritime Police, with Lee Si-young. It was originally set for broadcast in July 2011, starring Eric Mun of Shinhwa and Kim Ok-bin in the roles of Kim Sun-woo and Lee Soo-yoon, respectively. However they dropped out when production was halted after the Bombardment of Yeonpyeong incident in November 2011, and Siwon and Lee Si-young were re-cast in their roles.
2012: Comeback with Super Junior 
He graduated from Inha University in February 2012 alongside fellow member Ryeowook. In March 2012, it was announced that Kwon Yuri of Girls' Generation will join him as the main model of Mamonde.
In June 2012, Siwon reunited with his Super Junior band mates for their sixth studio album, Sexy, Free & Single for released on 4 July. On 26 June Siwon's teaser photo was released showing him with long blonde hair under a dip-dyed hat that matches his green eyebrows. In September, Siwon is to return to television in SBS drama The King of Drama, based around Korean television production. He plays ‘Kang Min’, a top celebrity with a prickly personality, along with Kim Myung-min as production CEO and actress Jung Ryeo-won. It will air at the conclusion of Faith.
2013-present: Comeback with Super Junior-M 
On January 7, 2013, Super Junior-M released their second album, Break Down, along with the music video for the lead single of the same name. A press conference took place in Beijing on January 7, and they will promote the album in China.
|2006||A Battle of Wits||Prince Liang Shi|
|2007||Attack on the Pin-Up Boys||student body president|
|2010||Super Show 3 3D||Himself|
|2012||I AM. - SM Town Live World Tour in Madison Square Garden||Himself |
Television dramas 
|2005||Eighteen, Twenty-Nine||Kang Bong-man|
|2006||Spring Waltz||Park Sang-woo|
|2006||Super Junior Mini-Drama||Siwon|
|2007||Legend of Hyang-dan||Lee Mong-ryong|
|2009||Stage of Youth||Shiyuan|
|2010||Oh! My Lady||Sung Min-woo|
|2010–11||Athena: Goddess of War||Kim Jun-ho|
|2011–12||Skip Beat!||Dun Helian|
|2012||Ru Guo Hui Dao Cong Qian||Song Chenxi|
|The King of Dramas||Kang Hyeon-Min|
Variety shows 
|2005-2006||Super Junior Show||KM|
|2007-2008||Explorers of the Human Body||SBS|
|2010, 2012, 2013||Running Man||SBS||eps 22, 75, and 135|
|2013||Strong Heart 2||SBS||Season 2, ep 1|
Music video appearances 
|2003||"What is Love"||Dana|
|2006||"Timeless"||Zhang Liyin & Junsu|
|2008||"I Will"||Zhang Liyin|
|2008||"The Left Shore of Happiness" (幸福的左岸)||Zhang Liyin|
|2009||"S.E.O.U.L."||Super Junior & Girls' Generation|
Awards and nominations 
|2010||SBS Drama Awards||Best New Actor||Oh! My Lady||Won|
|4th Men's Health Cool Guy Awards||Best Cover Magazine||himself||Won|
|2011||AllKPop Awards||Best Social Network Personality 2011||himself||Won|
|2012||Mnet 20's Choice Awards||20′s Social Artist||himself||Nominated|||
- "Super Junior Official Website".
- "Super Junior-M to appear on postage stamps". Newsen (in Korean). 2008-12-08. p. 1. Retrieved 2008-12-08.
- "Siwon's father identified as a CEO". Allkpop. 2011-01-04. Retrieved 2011-12-13.
- CNN's Talk Asia interview
- An episode of Behind Story
- "2005 Super Junior's official debut" Ent.hunantv.com. Retrieved 2011-12-25 (Chinese)
- "SM Unveils 12-Membered Boy Group Named Super Junior" Arirang.co.kr. 27 October 2005. Retrieved 2011-12-25
- "Album Sales of December 2005". Recording Industry Association of Korea (in Korean). p. 1. Retrieved 2007-10-16.[dead link]
- "Super Junior adds new member, transformed into 13-person super group" Sina.com. 24 May 2006. Retrieved 2011-05-08 (Chinese)
- "SuperJunior releases third studio album" Epaper.jinghua.cn. 14 March 2009. Retrieved 2011-12-25 (Chinese)
- "Super Junior, SG Wananbe first and second place in 2007 album sales". Moneytoday (in Korean). 12 December 2007. p. 1. Retrieved 2007-12-12.
- "Actor Choi Si-won Set to Become Next-Generation Korean Star". KBS Global. 2006-11-23. Retrieved 2006-11-29.
- "崔始源《墨攻》受关注 刘德华赞其后生可畏" [Choi Siwon A Battle of Wits receives attention, receives praise from Andy Lau]. Sina.com (in Chinese). 23 November 2006. Retrieved 15 December 2007.
- Cathy Rose A. Garcia "Super Junior Hits Big Screen" Korea Times. 8 July 2007. Retrieved 2012-04-03
- "Super Junior-M出道中国 新碟引爆内地歌坛" [Super Junior-M debuts in China new album sweeps music scene]. Sina.com (in Chinese). 6 May 2008. Retrieved 25 December 2011.
- Hong, Lucia (9 February 2010). "Chae-lim to make a comeback to the small screen". 10Asia. Retrieved 27 April 2012.
- "華麗4月開麥拉 敲定陳意涵" [Skip Beat! in production in April. Ivy Chan in lead role]. UDN News (in Chinese). 4 March 2011. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- Hong, Lucia (18 June 2010). "Choi Si-won to join the cast of "IRIS" spin-off". 10Asia. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- "Choi Si-won, Lee Si-young embark Poseidon" 10Asia. 2 August 2011. Retrieved 2012-04-05
- "Super Junior’s Choi Siwon graduates from Inha University". Star News. 25 February 2012. Retrieved 1 May 2012.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (26 June 2012). "Super Junior’s Choi Siwon and Kyuhyun’s Comeback Photos Unveiled". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 26 June 2012.
- Ho, Stewart (11 September 2012). "Super Junior’s Choi Siwon to Return with SBS’ The King of Drama". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- Jeon, Su Mi (January 3, 2013). "Super Junior-M to Release Second Studio Album in China". Retrieved January 3, 2013.
- "Documentary Shows Top K-Pop Singers Behind the Scenes". Chosun Ilbo. 2 May 2012. Retrieved 4 May 2012.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (1 February 2013). "Super Junior’s Choi Siwon to be the First Guest for Strong Heart 2". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 2 February 2013.
- Yoon, Sang Guen (1 February 2013). "Super Junior’s Siwon will appear on Kang Shim Jang 2 as a guest". Star News. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
- Lee, Nancy (8 June 2012). "20’s Choice Awards Nominees Announced, Voting Open". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- Lee, Nancy (28 June 2012). "20′s Choice Awards: Who Won at the 20’s Choice Awards?". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 29 June 2012.