This page contains a list of latest news about SUNGMIN which has been collected from credible news resources: CNN, Forbes, Bloomberg, TIME Magazine, FoxNews, BBC, New York Times, CBS, Sky News, Reuters, World Magazine, etc.
Apart from News, you can also use the tabs to browse SUNGMIN images, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
Music video by Rihanna performing Take A Bow. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 66288884. (C) 2008 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
Go to RoosterTeeth.com for all of season 8 of RvB!
The Truth About Love available on iTunes NOW http://smarturl.it/tal Music video by P!nk performing Just Give Me A Reason. (C) 2012 RCA Records, a division of...
Due to so many request I decided to upload this epic track as well. Enjoy it bros!
Win Free Tickets + VIP Meet & Greets: http://smarturl.it/BATour iTunes: http://smarturl.it/BAiTunes Spotify: http://smarturl.it/BoyceCCV2bSpotify - - - - - -...
Download This Song: http://bit.ly/KzLBGB Click to Tweet this Vid-ee-oh! http://bit.ly/Nt9lg8 Hi. My name is Nice Peter, and this is EpicLLOYD, and this is th...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
Tweet! http://bit.ly/TqQ3oP Illegal street racers take on the law in the world's most intense police chase! Sort of. Special thanks to Rob and Big as well as...
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
Buy at iTunes: http://goo.gl/zv4o9. New album on sale now! http://turtleneckandchain.com.
Sungmin at LG Optimus Super Junior Fan meeting at Chateau de Chine in Kaohsiung, Taiwan in November 2011
|Birth name||Lee Sung-min|
1 January 1986 |
Ilsan, Goyang, Gyeonggi, South Korea
|Origin||Seoul, South korea|
|Genres||K-pop, Dance, R&B|
|Occupations||Singer, Dancer, Actor|
|Instruments||Guitar, Bass, Piano|
|Associated acts||Super Junior
|Revised Romanization||I Seong-min|
Lee Sung-min (Hangul: 이성민; Hanja: 李晟敏) was born on 1 January 1986, mononymouly credited as Sungmin (Hangul: 성민; Hanja: 晟敏) is a South Korean singer, DJ and Musical theatre actor. He is best known as a member of the K-pop boy band Super Junior and its sub-groups Super Junior-T, Super Junior-H and Super Junior-M.
Sungmin was born in the Ilsan district of Goyang, Gyeonggi. He has a younger brother, Lee Sungjin. Sungmin's father Lee Chun-hwa, is the CEO of two companies: SendBill, which creates e-tax software, and Network Mania, an analytics company.
In 2001, he entered the SM Youth Best Contest and jointly won first place for the Best Outward Appearance award with future band mate Donghae. Together, they signed a contract with SM Entertainment and received training in singing, dancing, and acting.
Sungmin was placed in a project R&B group with Junsu and future band mate Eunhyuk. In 2002, along with Typhoon, Rose and Attack, the six of them made their first television appearance in a show called Heejun vs. Kangta, Battle of the Century: Pop vs. Rock. Moon Hee-jun taught Typhoon, Rose and Attack on to sing rock while Sungmin, Xiah, and Eunhyuk were taught other singing techniques by Kangta. The six trainees separated a year later, then Typhoon, Rose, and Attack debuted as members of rock band TRAX. The trio separated when Junsu went on to debuted as a member of TVXQ. Then Sungmin and Eunhyuk joined ten other trainees and formed Super Junior 05, the first generation of rotational boy band Super Junior.
In 2005, before Super Junior's debut, he played young Kang Dong-shin in MBC drama Sisters of the Sea.
2005-2006: Debut with Super Junior 
Sungmin officially debut as part of 12-member rotational group Super Junior 05 on 6 November 2005 on SBS's music programme Inkigayo, performing their first single, "Twins (Knock Out)". Their debut album SuperJunior05 (Twins) was released a month later on 5 December 2005 and debuted at #3 on the monthly MIAK K-pop album charts.
In March 2006, SM Entertainment began to recruit new members for the next Super Junior generation. However, plans changed and the company declared a halt in forming future Super Junior generations. Following the addition of thirteenth member Kyuhyun, the group dropped the suffix "05" and became officially credited as Super Junior. The re-polished group's first CD single "U" was released on 7 June 2006, which was their most successful single until the release of "Sorry, Sorry" in March 2009.
2007-2009: Acting and sub-groups 
In February 2007, Sungmin was placed in sub-group trot-singing Super Junior-T. In July, Sungmin's took part with fellow Super Junior members in Attack on the Pin-Up Boys, a SM Pictures production. He played the role of a pretty school boy who gets attacked by an unknown criminal. He replaced band mate Kangin as one of the DJs at Reckless Radio, with Girls' Generation members from June 2007 to July 2008.
In 2008, he became a member of sub-group Super Junior-H and participated in a short half-hour drama Super Junior Unbelievable Story with Leeteuk. Sungmin played himself, a member of Super Junior-T who is constantly overshadowed by his members.
In 2009, he starred as male lead, Ro, in musical Akilla at the Hanjeon Art Center in Seoul from 9 October to 8 November.
2010-2011: DJ and musical theatre 
In 2010, Sungmin starred in the title role of musical Hong Gil Dong, alongside group mate Yesung who also played the historical figure Hong Gildong. It played at the Woori Financial Art Hall at the Olympic Park from 18 February 2010 for two months.
In October, Sungmin was one of 20 South Korean singers who recorded the theme song, "Let's Go", for the 2010 G-20 Seoul summit. He provided vocals along with labelmates Seohyun, Jonghyun and Luna. In December He starred in KBS drama The President as Jang Sungmin, the ambitious son of Jang Il Joon the president.
In January 2011, he was placed in Mandopop sub-group Super Junior-M, as one of two new members along with Eunhyuk. Then spend the next few months promoting their third EP Perfection in Taiwan and China. For July and August, Sungmin performed as male lead Daniel, rotating with Ahn Jae-wook, Um Ki Joon, and Lee Ji-hoon, in musical Jack the Ripper at Chungmu Arts Hall.
2012: Comeback with Super Junior 
In 2012, Sungmin took part in We Got Married's spin-off program with Sistar's Hyorin called "Pit-a-Pat Shake" to air as a Lunar Year special. Sungmin along with band mate Ryeowook, took over Super Junior's Kiss the Radio, when former DJs Leeteuk and Eunhyuk left due to their busy schedules. On 29 March 2012, Sungmin released his first solo digital single, "Oh Wa", the ending theme song for KBS sitcom, We Need a Fairy.
In June 2012, Sungmin reunited with his Super Junior band mates for their sixth studio album, Sexy, Free & Single for released on 4 July. On 25 June his teaser photo was released showing a side-profiled Sungmin with a feminized look and long blond hair holding a large bouquet of baby’s breath flowers.
2013-Present: Comeback with Super Junior-M 
On January 7, 2013, Super Junior-M released their second album, Break Down, along with the music video for the lead single of the same name. A press conference took place in Beijing on January 7, and they will promote the album in China.
|2007||Student's Cheer song||"소중한 열매" (Power)||Sungmin|
|2008||ROCK&GO||"明日のために" (For Tomorrow)||Sungmin feat Japanese duo Moeyan|
|2008||Sanggeunie's Hope album||"지금 만나러 가요" (Now We Go to Meet)||Yesung & Sungmin|
Soundtrack contributions 
|2007||Homicide Investigation Team OST|
|The President OST||"Biting My Lips"|
|2012||We Need a Fairy OST||"Oh Wa"|
|2007||Attack on the Pin-Up Boys||Flower Boy|
|2010||Super Show 3 3D||Himself|
|2012||I AM. - SM Town Live World Tour in Madison Square Garden||Himself |
Television dramas 
|2005||Sisters of the Sea||young Kang Dong-shin||MBC|
|2005||Charnel House Boy||young baseball player boy||KBS|
|2006||Banjun Theater: Finding Lost Time||Yoochun's bestfriend||SBS|
|2008||Super Junior Unbelievable Story
||main role / Himself||MBC |
|2010||The President||Jang Sung-min||KBS|
Variety shows 
|Girls' Generation Goes to School|
|2008||Idol Show Season 1||MBC|
|Unbelievable Outing S3|
|2011||Happy Together S3||KBS|
|2012||Come to Play||MBC|
Musical theatre 
|2009||Royal Musical Akilla||Ro|
|2010||Hong Gildong||Hong Gildong|
|2011-2013||Jack the Ripper||Daniel|
Radio shows 
|2007-2008||Chunji Reckless Radio (천방지축 라디오)|
|2011–2013||Super Junior Kiss the Radio (Sukira)|
Music videos 
|2010||"Let's Go"||2010 G-20 Seoul summit|
|2012||"Oppa, Oppa"||Eunhyuk & Donghae|
|1st SM Youth Best Selection|
||Best Outward Appearance||Won|
- "Super Junior Official Website".
- Lee, Nancy (18 May 2012). "Super Junior’s Sungmin Reveals He Almost Debuted with JYJ’s Junsu". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- "2005 Super Junior's official debut" Ent.hunantv.com. Retrieved 2011-12-25 (Chinese)
- "SM Unveils 12-Membered Boy Group Named Super Junior" Arirang.co.kr. 27 October 2005. Retrieved 2011-12-25
- "Album Sales of December 2005". Recording Industry Association of Korea (in Korean). p. 1. Retrieved 2007-10-16.[dead link]
- "Super Junior adds new member, transformed into 13-person super group" Sina.com. 24 May 2006. Retrieved 2011-05-08 (Chinese)
- "SuperJunior releases third studio album" Epaper.jinghua.cn. 14 March 2009. Retrieved 2011-12-25 (Chinese)
- Lee Yong-sung "Young trot music stars bridge generation gap" Korea Herald. 16 March 2007. Retrieved 2012-04-03
- Cathy Rose A. Garcia "Super Junior Hits Big Screen" Korea Times. 8 July 2007. Retrieved 2012-04-03
- "2 Super Junior members cast for musical" Asiae. 15 September 2009. Retrieved 2012-04-17
- "Hong Gil-dong to be revived in musical" Korea Herald. 29 March 2010. Retrieved 2012-03-29
- "20 idol singers unite to sing the G20 Seoul Summit theme song". allkpop.com. September 30, 2010. Retrieved December 31, 2010.
- Kim, Heidi "Super Junior Sungmin cast in new drama 'President'" 10 Asia. 8 November 2011. Retrievede 2012-03-29
- Park Min-young "Musical fans get star-studded bonanza" Korea Herald. 11 July 2011. Retrieved 2012-03-29
- "Hyorin’s ‘Pit-a-pat Shake’ partner revealed to be Super Junior’s Sungmin" Nate News. 6 January 2012. Retrieved 2012-03-29 (Korean)
- Ho, Stewart "Super Junior’s Sungmin Releases First Solo Track for ‘We Need a Fairy’" CJ E&M enewsWorld. 29 March 2012. Retrieved 2012-03-29
- Hong, Lucia (2 May 2012). "Super Junior Sungmin's musical "Jack the Ripper" to open in Japan". 10 Asia. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- Ho, Stewart (25 June 2012). "Super Junior’s Kangin and Sungmin’s Comeback Teaser Images Revealed". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 26 June 2012.
- Jeon, Su Mi (January 3, 2013). "Super Junior-M to Release Second Studio Album in China". Retrieved January 3, 2013.
- "Documentary Shows Top K-Pop Singers Behind the Scenes". Chosun Ilbo. 2 May 2012. Retrieved 4 May 2012.
- "SuJu's Leeteuk, Sungmin show's idol talent – first lead roles" Gamespot.com. 19 March 2008. Retrieved 2008-03-19 (Korean)[dead link]
- Ko, Hong Ju (29 May 2012). "Kim Na Young Says Yoo Jae Suk Isn’t All That Nice". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- Suk, Monica (11 September 2012). "Super Junior to guest star in Shinhwa's reality show". 10 Asia. Retrieved 13 December 2012.