This page contains a list of user images about Boyfriend which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Boyfriend news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
Music video by Rihanna performing Rehab. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 19591123. (C) 2007 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
Go to RoosterTeeth.com for all of season 8 of RvB!
Download this song: http://bit.ly/EpicRap7 New ERB merch: http://bit.ly/MNwYxq Tweet this Vid-ee-oh: http://clicktotweet.com/TpUg9 Hi. My name is Nice Peter,...
Music video by Rihanna performing We Ride. (C) 2006 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
As well as releasing the Red Nose Day single, One Direction are fundraising by doing something funny for money...and they want you to join them! Get involved...
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
Music video by Rihanna performing Pon de Replay. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 4166822. (C) 2005 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
A substitute teacher from the inner city refuses to be messed with while taking attendance.
"Just One Last Time" feat. Taped Rai. Available to download on iTunes including remixes of : Tiësto, HARD ROCK SOFA & Deniz Koyu http://smarturl.it/DGJustOne...
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
See Harrison Ford in 42! Go to http://42movie.warnerbros.com/ Jimmy Kimmel Live - Harrison Ford Won't Answer Star Wars Questions Jimmy Kimmel Live's YouTube ...
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2011)|
A boyfriend is a regular male companion in a romantic and/or sexual relationship. This is normally not in long-term committed (e.g. marital) relationships, where other titles (e.g. husband, partner) are more commonly used. A boyfriend can also be called an admirer, beau, fiancé, suitor and soul mate. A boyfriend is sometimes taken to check for compatibility in a relationship.
A 2005 study of 115 people ages 21 to 35 who were either living with or had lived with a romantic partner notes that the lack of proper terms often leads to awkward situations, such as someone upset over not being introduced in social situations to avoid the question.
There is a significant difference between girlfriend and boyfriend, and girl friend and boy friend. In a strictly grammatical sense, a girlfriend or boyfriend is an 'individual of significance' with whom one shares a relationship.
Word history 
The word dating entered the American language during the Roaring Twenties. Prior to that, courtship was a matter of family and community interest. Starting around the time of the Civil War, courtship became a private matter for couples. In the early to mid 20th century in the US, women were often visited by "gentleman callers", single men who would arrive at the home of a young woman with the hopes of beginning a courtship. The era of the gentleman caller ended in the early 20th century and the modern idea of dating developed.
In literature, the term is discussed in July 1988 in Neil Bartlett's, Who Was That Man? A Present for Mr Oscar Wilde. On pages 108-110, Bartlett quotes from an issue of The Artist and Journal of Home Culture, which refers to Alectryon as "a boyfriend of Mars".
- An older man may be referred to as a sugar daddy, a well-to-do man who financially supports or lavishly spends on a mistress, girlfriend, or boyfriend.
- In popular culture, slang, internet chat, and cellphone texting, the truncated acronym bf is also used.
- Leman, an archaic word for "sweetheart, paramour," from Medieval British leofman (c.1205), from Old English leof (cognate of Dutch lief, German lieb) "dear" + man "human being, person" was originally applied to either gender, but usually means mistress.
- The term young man was at some periods used with a similar connotation. For example, in the 1945 film "My Name Is Julia Ross" the female protagonist, seeking a secretarial job, is asked if she has "a young man" - where in later films a similar question would have referred to "a boyfriend".
See also 
- Compact Oxford English Dictionary of Current English , published 23 June 2005, University of Oxford, ISBN 978-0-19-861022-9 edition
- Thesaurus.com. "Boyfriend". Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- Thesaurus.com. "Significant other". Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- Wavey, Davey. ""Partner" vs "Boyfriend"".
- Goldstein, Meredith (15 June 2009). "Partner? Boyfriernd? Maybe?". The Boston Globe. Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- Jayson, Sharon (23 June 2008). "Adults stumble over what to call their romantic partners". USA Today. Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- "Girlfriend". WordNet. Retrieved 11 November 2010.
- "Boyfriend". WordNet. Retrieved 11 November 2010.
- Hirsch, Elaine. "The History of Dating and Communication". Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- Hunt, Lana J. "Ladies and Gentleman". Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- Merriam-Webster. "Sugar daddy". Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- BF - Definition by AcronymFinder
- The Free Dictionary By Farlex. "Leman". Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- Aliperti, Cliff. "My Name is Julia Ross (1945) starring Nina Foch and George Macready". Retrieved 6 May 2012.
|Look up boyfriend in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|